Is convert physical server to cloud virtual server required? If so, how many servers?
Is labor block hours required? If so, how many block hours?
Migrate existing physical server to new hardware
Is physical setup and rack new server required? If so, how many block hours?
Is migration tool required? If so, how many units?
Is domain controller migration on existing domain required? If so, how many domain controllers?
Do you need to have an existing file server migrated to a new Windows Operating system
Do you need a replicated file server
Is create print server or role for migration required? If so, how many print servers?
Is printer installation on print server required? If so, how many printers?
Is single application migration required? If so, how many application servers?
Is installation of windows server on physical server required? If so, how many physical windows server installations?
Is custom guideline required? If so, how many units?
Example Project Plan
- Solution Design
- The project team will review information gathered during Discovery in alignment with current industry best practices
- Identify configuration settings needed to be consistent and compatible with overall Customer IT environment
- Analysis – The project team will review information gathered during Discovery, the new configurations and review Best Practices in order to develop design information
- Document Design – The project team will lead an effort to develop an updated Active Directory Architecture for Customer This may include recommendations for changes to existing infrastructure
- Configuration Development – Configuration templates for each type of hardware device will be developed from the finalized design Test templates will be used to facilitate the deployment of the infrastructure
- Design Review – The design principles will be documented and a final design review will be conducted with all technical stakeholders
- Pre Migration Solution Design
- Review server configuration
- Verify Migration Plan
- Migration Design Review Meeting
- Cutover data to the new hardware
- Confirm successful transfer of data
- Pre Configuration of the Server
- Complete Configuration based on Solution Design
- Unbox and Physical Server Preparation
- Onsite Rack and Stack of the New Server
- Mount Server to the Rack
- Connect the server to the network
- Verify accessibility for remote configuration
Last modified January 31, 2023