Consulting Technology Strategy And Planning
ITIL – Strategy: Provides guidance on clarification and prioritization of service-provider investments in services. The strategic approach for the whole lifecycle is identified to provide values to the customers through IT service management. Entirety of activities– directed by policies, organized and structured in processes and supporting procedures – that are performed by an organization to design, plan, deliver, operate and control information technology services offered to customers. Often including, but not limited to high-level design and planning for the overall IT system, budget and IT Best Practice planning (hardware replacement scheduling, baseline performance establishment), review monthly and annual service reports with key designated staff, and Critical Event Reporting (CER) discussion with key designated staff (detailing unexpected downtime events).
Project Cost Planning
- Planning For Larger Technology Related Projects Is A Challenge For Many Companies As Needs, Technology, And Costs Change, The IT Budget Needs To Adapt Knowing The Direction, The Costs, And The Time IT Will Take, Will Help You Plan Accordingly
- Determining The Next Steps Or Direction Is A Never Ending Moving Target There Are Often Many Ways And Even More Options That You Can Choose From Technology Changes And Advances So Quickly, IT Takes A Full Time Job To Keep Up With IT Once An Evaluation Of Your Existing Environment/configuration Has Been Completed, A Plan For Your Technology Can Be Created Understanding The Changes, Impact, Priority Of Each Solution Will Help You See Which Direction Is Best And How To Get There
Is IT Infrastructure Lifecycle Planning Required? If So, How Many Device Types?
Is Isp/telecom Review Required? If So, How Many Units?
Is Ups/battery Backup Required? If So, How Many Units?
Is Backup And Disaster Recovery Required? If So, How Many Units?
Is Network Infrastructure Required? If So, How Many Units?
Is Windows Server Health Required? If So, How Many Units?
Is Security Best Practices Required? If So, How Many Block Hours?
Is Network Connectivity Roadmap Required? If So, How Many Locations?
Is Systems Integration Roadmap Required? If So, How Many Systems?
Is Strategic Technology Planning Quarterly Review Required? If So, How Many Roadmaps?
How Much Solution Design Is Needed
Is Project Budget Analysis Required? If So, How Many Block Hours?
Is Consultant Monthly Hours Required? If So, How Many Hours?
Is Consultant One Time Hours Required? If So, How Many Hours?
Example Project Plan
- Solution Design Deliverables
- Review Of Current State, Review Of Desired End State, Process To Achieve Desired End State, Solutions Needed To Deploy Desired End State
- Project Budget Analysis Deliverables
- Itemized Costs For All Hardware/software/licensing, Estimated Labor Costs, Milestones Payments To Expect, Costs For Options And Future Upgrades, Order In Which Items Should Be Implemented And The Costs Divided As Such
Last modified August 2, 2022