The principal consultant is responsible for evaluating assigned Client IT needs and opportunities, identifying potential IT environment efficiency and risk improvement, leading the creation of project proposals and statements of work, and maintaining strong business relationships that result in mutual success.
2 minute read
The principal consultant is responsible for evaluating assigned Client IT needs and opportunities, identifying potential IT environment efficiency and risk improvement, leading the creation of project proposals and statements of work, and maintaining strong business relationships that result in mutual success. Principal consultants must be familiar with the current IT trends to ensure that assigned Client IT posture adapts to the industry's changes.
- Serving as a primary executive-level point of contact for clients
- Creating strategic plans for addressing client needs
- Facilitating IT planning discussions and organizing IT project priorities according to risk/reward impact
- Negotiate project terms and conditions with clients as needed
- Identify project risks and challenges and develop resolution plans
- Obtaining management support and advising on organizational change messages
- Provide support in developing functional and technical specifications
- Participating in business development activities to achieve new client growth
- 7+ years of IT Leadership experience (College Degree NOT required)
- Server and/or Network solution design experience
- IT Project Management experience
- Solid understanding of network concepts
- Understanding of current security and threat-management solutions
- Good documentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to have some flexibility with work schedule, as required
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Excellent spoken and verbal communicative skills
Interested in joining the AIS team? Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a full-service technology solutions firm based in Chicago, IL that provides both technology sales, service and consulting. Genuine, understanding and experienced, our technicians, engineers and consultants are real, neighborly people who will work with you one-on-one, locally, to maintain your systems.
Real People, True Partners.
AIS has assisted more than 1,000 clients across Chicagoland, including state and local government, business, non-profit organizations, school districts, residential customers, and more. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers and serving as a grounded partner you can trust. We are less concerned about “making a sale” and more concerned about figuring out how we can strengthen your business, allowing you to stay focused on your daily tasks. From the day we install a new piece of equipment or fix one that isn’t working, we will be a watchful steward of your technology applications.