Enabling SNMP On VMware Vhost For AIS NMS
- Enable SSH on vmware host if not already enabled: https://www.thomasmaurer.ch/2011/08/enable-ssh-on-esxi-5-via-vsphere-client/
- Use Putty to SSH into VMware host.
- esxcli system snmp set –communities public
- esxcli system snmp set –enable true
- /etc/init.d/snmpd start
- esxcli network firewall ruleset set –ruleset-id snmp –allowed-all true
- esxcli network firewall ruleset set –ruleset-id snmp –enabled true
- Follow steps in the following to set the SNMP Service to Start automatically on Host boot:
- Add the vmware host IP to AIS NMS
See what’s important before it becomes urgent. The AIS Network Monitoring System that tracks performance, reliability, and configuration metrics for on-premise and cloud devices and applications. Included tools for Central Administration, Remote Management, Network Typology Insights, In-Depth Monitoring, and Faster Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis.