E911 Setup With AIS VoIP
2 minute read
There are two components to setting up AIS VoIP for calls to emergency services:
- An outbound route must be set up. This will detect when somebody is trying to call 911 and specify the Emergency CID is to be used instead of normal CID settings.
- If there are multiple locations, specify the emergency CID for each extension.
Emergency Outbound Route:
Note: As stated above, this setting allows the system to identify when it should override normal caller ID setting with the Emergency Caller IDs we will setup in the next step.
- Open up AIS VoIP and navigate to “Outbound Routes” under the “Connectivity” tab.
- Click to add “Outbound Routes”.
- On the Route setting table give the route the following settings:
- Route Name: E911
- Route CID: If there is only one location, fill in the number that has been enabled for E911. If there are multiple, leave blank.
- Override Extension: Select Yes for a single location and No for multiple.
- Mirror the image above for Dial Patterns.
- When done, select “Submit” and then “Apply”.
For Multiple Locations Only:
Note: If there are multiple locations, set an emergency CID for each extension. You can do this under each extension’s “Advanced” tab but if there are more than a handful of phones, use the bulk handler under the “Admin” tab to save time.
- Export the CSV and make edits to the emergency CID field for each extension.
- When done, you can import the CSV back in to make the changes.
- You can edit the import setting and CSV file to only include the Extension, Name and the Emergency CID.
- The importer should warn you if any of your changes weren’t applied.
Last modified April 16, 2021