Creating A Service Monitor In NMS
2 minute read
- Log into the NMS portal as an admin user.
- Navigate to “Services”. Here you will find any existing service monitors that are currently in place.
- The status indicator on the far left is solid green, indicating that the service is online.
- The uptime on the services are 13 hours and 54 hours, respectively.
- The purpose of the top service is to monitor HTTP for the site.
- The purpose of the bottom service is to monitor TCP on port 5555 for the host (Softether VPN).
- Navigate to the “Devices” tab.
- Choose a client site
- Determine which device we would need to poll from. A service monitor uses a device that is already added to NMS to reach out to your target.
- Navigate to Services gt Add Service:
- Select “Host” device.
- Select the type of service you would like to monitor. Some require additional configuration.
- Set a description that makes it obvious what this service does.
- Choose the IP address of the target device. For a website, this is where you will enter the URL without http, https, or trailing /.
- Select “Add Service”.
- After some time a green indicator will appear next to your service. This is showing the device as up.
See what’s important before it becomes urgent. The AIS Network Monitoring System that tracks performance, reliability, and configuration metrics for on-premise and cloud devices and applications. Included tools for Central Administration, Remote Management, Network Typology Insights, In-Depth Monitoring, and Faster Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis.