- This alert condition indicates VOLSNAP errors for Windows 2003. These errors may be disk-related or due to a lack of disk free space. This issue is typically caused by resource problems. There may be insufficient system resources to complete the API.
Critical Non Impact
Medium Priority Events
- This alert condition indicates that the VSS providers are missing on a server. Volume Shadow Copy will not function properly as a result.
- This alert condition indicates that the required VSS binaries are missing or not updated. This could be due to server updates or service pack installations that contain corrupted VSS binaries. This condition can cause VSS-aware backups to fail repeatedly.
- This alert condition indicates that the Volume Shadow Copy Service tab has encountered an error. VSS begins to shut down after it has been idle for three minutes. When VSS is shutting down, it does not correctly reject COM-related requests. Because of this behavior, various VSS APIs are invoked while VSS is shutting down. This behavior will cause RPC time-out errors.
- This alert condition indicates that the Volume Shadow Copy Service is not updated and updates are available. The Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) provides the system infrastructure for running VSS applications on Windows-based systems.
Last modified April 17, 2020