- This alert condition indicates that the DHCP Client service is not running.
Critical Non Impact
Medium Priority Events
- This alert condition indicates that the DHCP Client service terminated unexpectedly.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has discovered failures to impersonate credentials for prupose of DNS registration. DHCP Server service starts and an impersonation account is configured. If impersonation is successful, the impersonation account is used for all further DNS registrations. If impersonation is unsuccessful, the DHCP server logs the following Event ID in the System Event log and does not perform any DNS registrations
- This alert condition indicates that the DHCP Server service is not running.
- This alert condition indicates that the DHCP Server service terminated unexpectedly.
DHCP Service DHCPv6 Server Is Unable To Bind To UDP Port Number 547 As IT Is Used By Another Application
- AIS Monitoring agent has detected that DHCPv6 Server is unable to bind to UDP port number 547 as it is used by another application.DHCP uses UDP ports 546 and 547 to initiate communication between the IPv6 client and server. If either of these ports is in use by another application, or the ports are otherwise reserved, DHCP will not function. Impact : If port 547 is in use by another process, DHCP server cannot communicate with DHCPv6 clients.
- AIS Monitoring agent has detected that the IP address range of scope is almost full with only few IP addresses available. Each lease has an expiration date, which the client must renew if it is going to continue to use that IP address. Impact : The DHCP server cannot issue leases to clients if the number of available IP addresses in the scope is insufficient.
DHCP Service Role Is Running On DC But No Credentials Configured For Use With Dynamic DNS Registrations
- AIS Monitoring agent has detected the DHCP service has is running on a DC and has no credentials configured for use with Dynamic DNS registrations initiated by the DHCP service.The Netsh.exe tool can be used to configure the impersonation credentials. You must create a dedicated user account in Active Directory Domain Services before you use the Netsh.exe tool to configure the use of impersonation credentials. Impact : No Secure dynamic updates.
- AIS Monitoring agent has detected that the DHCP Failed To Locate a DC. For proper authorization and operation, the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server relies on a valid Active Directory Domain Services configuration. The DHCP server must find a valid directory services-enabled domain controller. Impact : DHCP fails in authorization and operation.
Last modified April 17, 2020