- AIS Monitoring Platform has discovered that the worker thread on Black berry Enterprise Server has been blocked. This problem can be found due to Exchange Server not responding to black berry MAPI request or may be due to network or performance issue on Exchange. BlackBerry Enterprise Server functionality should automatically free these threads and resume mail processing unless the Exchange Server is down.
Critical Impact Events and Alerts
- AIS Monitoring Platform has discovered BES connectivity issue due to incorrect permission on Mailbox store OR Mailbox. This indicates mail sync issue due to incorrect permission. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server attempted to query the Microsoft Information Store to process a request for a BlackBerry device user account, but it was unable to connect due to a network issue. There are network connectivity problems or the Microsoft Information Store is unavailable.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has discovered Black berry dispatcher is unable to connect to SQL BESMGMT instance database. Suspected problem with the Blackberry SQL database connectivity.
- AIS Monitoring Platform have observed that Black berry Dispatcher Service fails to start due to registry entry mismatch. Black berry Dispatcher is Critical Service because all communication between the BlackBerry components passes through this service.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has discovered that the BlackBerry Enterprise Server cannot reconnect to the BlackBerry Dispatcher. This will occur if BlackBerry Dispatcher connection fails or may be also due to SRP connection failure. This condition may also occur during server restart or service restart.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has detected Messaging Agent Service failure due to MAPI profile corruption. This issue may be caused if the BlackBerry Enterprise Server is trying to access a Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile that does not exist.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has discovered that the Black Berry Messaging Agent communicaiton failures with Exchange. This might caused due to following reasons. 1. BESAdmin service account mailbox is not accessible. OR The BlackBerry Enterprise Server was not installed using the BlackBerry Enterprise Service Account. 2. The BlackBerry Enterprise Service Account is hidden from the Global Address List. 3. The Messaging Application Protocol Interface (MAPI) profile is not pointing to the correct Microsoft Exchange Server and mailbox.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has observed that SRP connection has failed between the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry data Centre Server. BlackBerry Router service is responsible for routing all data to wireless device.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has observed that Blackberry users cannot send emails from devices due to high latency between Exchange and Black Berry Enterprise Server OR because the Send As permission has been revoked.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has discovered Black berry dispatcher connection issue, make sure the Server Routing Protocol (SRP) is connected by reviewing its status in BlackBerry Manager. This condition can also occur when either the BlackBerry Controller service or the computer is restarted.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has observed slow response on Black berry Enterprise Server due to Exchange Server RPC Latency and database timeouts. This impact the slow performance of the server and the users will face slow response from the server.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has detected memory or resource issue. Restarting the BlackBerry Enterprise Server may fix this problems.
- SAAZ IntelliScirpts has observed increase in message queue pendiing for delivery for Black berry handhelds. Number of messages queued for delivery (pending) to handheld has increased above 90.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has discovered that the blackberry server attempt to query information store fails. This can caused due to MAPI failure on Black berry Server, or may be also due to Network issue or Database down.
- AIS Monitoring Platform has discovered that the BlackBerry Enterprise Server could not load a user’s handheld configuration. As a result, the handheld will not be started and the user will not be able to send or receive messages on the handheld. This issue can also occur if mailbox of black berry user account has been deleted.
- This alert condition indicates that the BlackBerry Dispatcher service is not running.
- This alert condition indicates that the BlackBerry Dispatcher service terminated unexpectedly.
- Saaz IntelliScript has observed that The BlackBerry Messaging Agent also fails to start. The following error is displayed in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server debug logs: BlackBerry Messaging Agent <Server_Name> Agent 1 failed to start. Error code 5305.
- AIS Monitoring Platform observed that The BlackBerry Messaging Agent service crashes and does not start on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- This alert condition indicates that the BlackBerry Mobile Data Service service is not running.
- This alert condition indicates that the BlackBerry Mobile Data service terminated unexpectedly.
The BlackBerry Controller Service Reports Will Not Restart Reached The Maximum Restarts Per 24 Hours
- AIS Monitoring Platform has discovered that BlackBerry Controller cannot start the BlackBerry Messaging Agent, or it has tried to start the BlackBerry Messaging Agent 10 times in 24 hours.
Last modified April 17, 2020