How can I make sure my meetings are secure?
As we’re becoming more reliant on video conferencing and VOIP to communicate the value of security and privacy are increasing.
How can I make sure my meetings are secure:?
- Start your meeting slightly after or before the hour to avoid the meeting rush and provide a better logging in experience.
- If you’re hosting a public webinar, use a one time use only meeting ID.
- If you’re using your personal ID for meetings, don’t share that information publicly.
- See if your platform has a “waiting room” feature. So you can see who is signing in before allowing them in.
- Disable the ability for others to join before the host.
- Lock your session once all attendees have arrived.
- For public meetings, consider turning off the ability for attendees to share their webcams.
- For public meetings, turn off attendees ability to chat.
- Turn on a setting for attendees to receive a “Welcome” message when they arrive.
- BONUS- Make sure your pin is not your extension- hackers have been forwarding phone numbers to expensive out of country numbers.
Keep these practices in mind to secure your meetings!