AIS Managed Firewall Comparison
Key consideration points to evaluate when comparing firewalls:
- Updates & Renewals
- Single Point of Failure vs. High-Availability/Failover Solutions
- Make sure the direction chosen makes the most business sense today & tomorrow
Based on the above, the AIS Managed Firewall Service is often best option.
Example 5-Year Total Cost of Ownership(TCO) Comparison between Sonicwall and AIS Managed Firewall for an organization with 6 Locations
Sonicwall firewall solution over 5 years:
- Hardware, labor, and 1st year licensing costs to replace a Sonicwall at the main location: $5,800.
- Hardware, labor, and 1st year licensing costs to replace a Sonicwall at the other 5 locations: $2,500 per location.
- Annual renewal costs: $6,800/yr.
- Total cost over 5 years: $45,500.
- Total of 6 devices across the 6 locations.
AIS Managed Firewall solution over 5 years:
- $100/mo/site x 6 sites = $600/mo
- Implementation Labor for all 6 locations: $3,240.
- Total cost over 5 years: $39,240.
- Savings of over $6,000.
- Total of 12 devices across the 6 locations for redundancy.
Differences between the two solutions:
|Feature||Sonicwall Firewall||AIS Managed Firewall|
|Industry leading software design||YES||YES|
|Site-to-Site VPN and User VPN||YES||YES|
|Device Failover (HA) included||NO||YES|
|Updates without annual renewals||NO||YES|
|24×7 Support without upgraded warranty purchase||NO||YES|
|Regular backup of settings automatically||NO||YES|
|Leading Layer 3 Software Router with Dynamic Addressing||NO||YES|
|Native Azure VPN connectivity||NO||YES|
|AIS can restart a unit without disrupting service||NO||YES|
|Easy integration with AIS Storage Syncing Service||NO||YES|